MEXICAN CORN CAKES WITH JALAPENO & LIME
Minggu, Juni 02, 2019 Tambah Komentar
To make your own self rising flour just add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 1 cup of flour. Mix well.
- 16-ounces of frozen corn (about 3 cups). I use one 16-oz bag of Bird's Eye Sweet Corn. Fresh corn is delicious too.
- 4 scallions, very finely diced
- All or part of one jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1-2 limes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup self rising flour
- Oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- To Serve: lime wedges, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, salted Greek yogurt, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado, hot sauce
Finely dice the dark green and light green parts of the scallions and put them in a large microwave safe bowl along with the corn and the minced jalapeno pepper. Microwave the mixture for 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice to promote even cooking. Let the mixture cool slightly and then stir in the milk, cheese, self rising flour, salt and eggs. Mix to combine. Heat a large fry pan on the stove with oil. With a large spoon, drop the batter onto the hot pan. Fry until both sides are golden brown and the centers are cooked. Serve with a good squeeze of lime, extra lime wedges, sour cream and any of the serving suggestions.