CHEESY MEXICAN MEATBALLS
Minggu, Juni 02, 2019 Tambah Komentar
These easy enchilada meatballs are an easy make-ahead recipe your family will love!
10 ounces red enchilada sauce divided (I used mild)
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup oats (I measure them then grind them in my blender until they are coarsely ground.)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce optional
2 cups grated cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack, and pepper jack are all good choices)
cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13" inch baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, ground beef, oats, eggs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and hot sauce. I use my hands to combine them.
- Form meatballs by hand or with a cookie scoop. (I like to use a medium sized cookie scoop, about 2 tablespoon size.) Drop meatballs into the 9 x 13" pan. (Most of the time I leave the meatballs in the rustic shape of the cookie scoop. Once in awhile I do roll the meatballs until they are perfectly round. They taste the same either way!)
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over meatballs. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over meatballs. Bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right out of the oven!
adapted from : https://wearychef.com/cheesy-mexican-meatballs/