THE MOST AMAZING FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Kamis, Mei 02, 2019 Tambah Komentar
- 1 1/2 cups (7 oz / 200 g) all-purpose or plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (11 oz / 310 g) white granulated sugar (or a natural granulated baking sweetener measuring 1:1 with sugar)
- 1/2 cup (1.7 oz / 50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (20 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) boiling water mixed with 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream or thickened cream
- 8 ounces (250 grams) semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan with non stick cooking oil spraying.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine well.
- Add oil, egg, vanilla and milk to the flour mixture and beat well to combine. Pour in the boiling water (with the coffee), and mix until glossy.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out semi-clean with small amount of cake (not runny batter) on it due to the fudgy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Transfer cake from the pan to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and heat over low heat for a few minutes. Watch that it doesn't boil or simmer it. Once the cream is hot, turn stove off and take the saucepan off the heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips; cover saucepan with a lid and let sit for a good 5 minutes to soften and melt the chocolate.
- Uncover, and stir slowly first, with a spatula or wooden spoon, gradually mixing faster until ganache is smooth, creamy and glossy. Refrigerate for one hour or hour and a half until thick enough to spread (similar consistency to Nutella).
- Spread evenly over the cake.
For a fluffier cake, use 2 teaspoons baking powder. For a fudgier cake, use 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder. Best Fudgy Chocolate Cake has been adapted from the chocolate cake component of THIS RECIPE, swapping out butter for oil for texture.