SAUSAGE, PEPPER AND RICE SKILLET
Senin, Mei 06, 2019 Tambah Komentar
Smoky kielbasa sizzled with sweet bell pepper, onions and garlic in vibrant tomato sauce. This quick and easy sausage, pepper and rice skillet is downright delicious!
- 1 1/4 c. white rice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, cook rice according to the package’s directions.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. Once the skillet is hot, add the oil. After the oil shimmers, add the sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onion, saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside with the sausage.
- Add the tomato paste and about 3/4 cup of chicken broth, whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions until combined. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
-For an “Italian” version, use Italian sausage + 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
-For a “Cajun” version, use andouille sausage + 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning