NO-BAKE VANILLA CHEESECAKE
Sabtu, Mei 04, 2019 Tambah Komentar
A Buttery Biscuit Base, Creamy No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake Filling, and Whipped Cream on top!
- 300 g Digestives/Graham Crackers
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Cheesecake
- 750 g Full Fat Cream Cheese (Philadelphia/Mascarpone)
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- 150 ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Serve with...
- Chocolate Sauce
- For the Biscuit Base
- Blitz the Biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb, or bash up in a bowl with a rolling pin, or in a food bag.
- Melt your butter carefully so its liquid, and then mix in with the Biscuits. I usually just pour it into the Food Processor and blitz again.
- Press the Biscuit mixture into the bottom of an 8"/20cm Springform Deep Tin, and refrigerate/freeze whilst you make the filling.
- For the Cheesecake
- In a Large Bowl, or Stand Mixer, add your Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar, Vanilla and Lemon Juice and whisk till smooth. I either use my stand mixer with its whisk attachment, or a hand held electric whisk with their whisk attachments.
- Whisk on a medium speed, until the sugar is mixed into the cream cheese, and the ingredients are evenly distributed. Usually takes about 15-25 seconds or so.
- Add in the liquid double cream, and whisk the mixture till it comes together and becomes thick.
- You can alternatively whisk up the cream separately until stiff peaks, and fold through the cheese mixture.
- I usually mix it on a medium speed, and it should be really thick once done. Its best to under whisk compared to over whisking. If in doubt, whisk a bit, and then mix with a spatula to see how its doing.
- Once whisked, add the Cheesecake mixture to the top of the biscuit base, and set it in the fridge for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- For the Decoration
- Whisk together the Double Cream and Icing Sugar until pipeable, and then decorate your cheesecake.
- Serve your cheesecake as is, or with a chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, berries, coulis... anything you fancy
- You can use either Mascarpone, or Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or the supermarket version), but it MUST BE Full Fat Cream Cheese.
- I'm based in the UK, so we have Double Cream. It has a rough fat content of around 45% and this is what helps it set. If you don't have access to it, use the nearest you can find.
- If you want to make it lower fat you can, with lower fat cream cheese, but it won't set the same, and its more likely to split.
- You can freeze the cheesecake for up to 3 months.
- In the fridge, this will last 3 days once set.
- I use Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste in the recipe.