HEALTHY SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE
Sabtu, Mei 18, 2019 Tambah Komentar
Use up all of your summer squash in this super easy and healthy summer squash casserole. This squash and zucchini casserole is a quick side dish for any meal!
2 lbs summer squash zucchini and yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup Parmesan cheese* grated
⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs gluten-free
2 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thin, ¼-inch slices.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Alternatively, overlap the zucchini and squash in a row. (See pictures.) You should be able to form 4 rows.**
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and squash and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Toss to combine and then sprinkle over the zucchini and squash.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat to a High broil. Broil for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping starts to turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley and enjoy!
*Can use a vegan Parmesan cheese substitute.
**I like to get small-medium, similarly-sized summer squash so they will be able to fit into four rows easily!