Rabu, Mei 08, 2019 Tambah Komentar
This homemade calzone recipe is a mixture of sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, all baked inside pizza dough with plenty of melted cheese. Calzones are the perfect food for a party, they're hand held, hearty and totally delicious.
1 pound pizza dough homemade or store bought
7 1/2 ounce package Frozen Jimmy Dean Sausage Patties
3/4 cup bell peppers cut into thin strips, you can use any color you like
1/2 cup pepperoni
1 cup pizza sauce divided use
8 ounce package Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Divide the pizza dough into 3 or 4 pieces, depending on the size you want your calzones.
- Roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick ovals or rectangles.
- Place the sausage patties in a pan and cook according to package directions. Use a spatula to break up the cooked sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto one side of each piece of dough. Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Divide the sausage and pepper mixture evenly on top of the sauce. Top with pepperoni and an additional 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Fold the dough over and pinch to seal the edges. Use a sharp knife to cut 2-3 slits into the top of each calzone.
- Brush each calzone with the beaten egg.
- Place the calzones on the sheet pan. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with parsley, then serve immediately with remaining pizza sauce for dipping.
Adapted from : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/calzone-recipe/