BEST FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Kamis, Mei 02, 2019 Tambah Komentar
The most amazing, ONE BOWL, BEST Fudgy Chocolate Cake is so rich and decadent, with the perfect balance of fluffy and fudgy! An ORIGINAL Cafe Delites RECIPE!
- 1 1/2 cups (7 oz / 200 g) all-purpose or plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (11 oz / 310 g) white granulated sugar (or a natural granulated baking sweetener measuring 1:1 with sugar)
- 1/2 cup (1.7 oz / 50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (20 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) boiling water mixed with 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream or thickened cream
- 8 ounces (250 grams) semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan with non stick cooking oil spraying.
- CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine well.
- Add oil, egg, vanilla and milk to the flour mixture and beat well to combine. Pour in the boiling water (with the coffee), and mix until glossy.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out semi-clean with small amount of cake (not runny batter) on it due to the fudgy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Transfer cake from the pan to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and heat over low heat for a few minutes. Watch that it doesn't boil or simmer it. Once the cream is hot, turn stove off and take the saucepan off the heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips; cover saucepan with a lid and let sit for a good 5 minutes to soften and melt the chocolate.
- Uncover, and stir slowly first, with a spatula or wooden spoon, gradually mixing faster until ganache is smooth, creamy and glossy. Refrigerate for one hour or hour and a half until thick enough to spread (similar consistency to Nutella).
- Spread evenly over the cake.
adapted from : https://cafedelites.com/best-fudgy-chocolate-cake/