SHORTCUT SPANISH TORTILLA
Selasa, April 16, 2019 Tambah Komentar
This Shortcut Spanish Tortilla recipe is made easy with potato chips, and comes together in under 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 ounces (about half a bag) Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper Kettle Brand® Chips, crumbled
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more/less to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine the chips and eggs. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crumbled chips and whisked eggs together until evenly combined. Set aside, to let the mixture soak together while you cook the onion.
- Sauté the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 9-inch non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onions are completely soft and slightly golden around the edges. Transfer the onions to the mixing bowl with the egg mixture, and give the mixture a quick stir to combine (so that the onions don’t immediately scramble the eggs they touch).
- Cook the bottom of the tortilla. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and use a spatula to spread it out so that it is in an even layer. Let the tortilla cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom of the tortilla is lightly golden. (You can gently lift up the edge of the tortilla with the spatula to take a peek and see if it’s ready to go.) The top of the tortilla will still be a bit wet, which is ok.
- Flip the tortilla. Carefully place a large plate face-down directly on top of the skillet. Then — with one hand holding the skillet handle, and one hand firmly holding the plate on top of it — very carefully and quickly flip them both 180°, so that the plate is on the bottom and the skillet is upside-down on top. (I like to do this over the sink, just in case any oil or egg spills out.) If the bottom of the tortilla is cooked, the tortilla should fall easily onto the plate, with maybe just a bit of runny egg or oil leaking out.
- Cook the other side of the tortilla. Return the skillet to the heat, and slide the tortilla from the plate back into the skillet to cook the second side. Run a spatula around the edges of the tortilla to tuck the sides back under so that the edges are nice and rounded. Cook for another 2 minutes, until the bottom of the tortilla is also lightly golden. Then slide the tortilla onto a clean plate.
- Serve warm. Or let the tortilla cool to room temperature. Seal tightly with plastic wrap and either refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Adapted from : https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/shortcut-spanish-tortilla/