CRISPY OVEN FRIED PARMESAN CHICKEN
Rabu, April 24, 2019 Tambah Komentar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts [2 lbs]
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned all purpose flour [1 tsp each paprika salt & black pepper]
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1-1 1/2 tsp garlic salt [more or less to taste]
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup butter or light butter melted [more or less as desired]
- marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray each sheet liberally with cooking spray then set aside.
- Mix together the seasoned flour. Whisk the buttermilk and egg together. Mix together the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt and onion powder. Set aside.
- Set-up the "dredging station" in this order:
- Seasoned flour 2. Buttermilk and beaten egg wash 3. Panko bread crumb coating
- Cut each piece of chicken in half lengthwise then across making each chicken breast into four pieces. If you prefer to make this chicken Parmesan using whole pieces of chicken, skip this step.
- Dip each piece into the  Seasoned flour mixture  buttermilk egg wash  Panko bread crumb coating.
- Place onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart and drizzle each piece with melted butter.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Allow the chicken to rest on the pan for a 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with a warm marinara sauce on the side.
- To prepare whole chicken cutlets: Follow the directions as written above for the smaller cutlets.
- For whole pieces, use chicken pieces that are thin cut, and increased the baking time to 28-30 minutes.
- I recommend turning the pan and chicken cutlets halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Serve drizzled with marinara sauce.
When using a breading mixture, I tend to over make the ingredients. To me, there's nothing worse than getting halfway through a project and stopping to mix additional breading. That said, you may have some breading left over. Discard, do not reuse.