CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE
Kamis, April 25, 2019 Tambah Komentar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 and ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 and ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 160ml heavy cream
- 160g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- filling and topping
- 1 and ½ cups fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lightly oil two 6” round spring form cake pans, line their bottoms with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in oil and yogurt. Mix well.
- Gradually sift the flour directly into the mixing bowl and mix just until combined.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla powder. Stir well. Don’t overmix the batter, just until everything combines.
- Share the batter into two pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove them from oven and let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove them from pans carefully. Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate ganache.(See the video above).
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream just until it boils and pour it over the chocolate chips. Wait for 2 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Let it reach to room temperature.
- Spread ¼ of your chocolate ganache on the first cake. Wait for about 10 minutes so that the ganache sets a bit.
- Slice ½ cup of strawberries lengthwise and place them on the chocolate ganache you spread on the first cake.
- Carefully place the second cake on the strawberries, gently press on it just to help it set.
- Pour the rest of the ganache over it. Wait about 10 minutes and then place the rest of the strawberries as they are on the top
- Place a sprig of fresh mint on the very top.
adapted from : https://www.giverecipe.com/strawberry-chocolate-cake/