10-MINUTE EASY TERIYAKI CHICKEN
Minggu, April 07, 2019 Tambah Komentar
Teriyaki Chicken with broccoli is a super easy chicken recipe cooked in 10-minutes with no marinading needed! Crispy and juicy skinless chicken thighs stir-fried and swimming in a beautiful flavoured homemade teriyaki sauce. A hint of garlic adds a twist on a traditional Japanese Teriyaki. Better than bottled sauce!
- 1.3 pounds (600 grams) skinless boneless chicken thighs, (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce ((light soy sauce preferred))
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar ((or white granulated sugar))
- 3 tablespoons cooking Sake (((rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar))
- 2 tablespoons Mirin ((optional — white wine or dry sherry can be substituted))
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, (optional (adds a wonderful flavour))
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic ((2 cloves garlic)*)
- 1 shallot/green onion stem, (sliced to garnish)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, (lightly steamed)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch ((or corn flour) mixed with 2 teaspoons water (ONLY IF NEEDED))
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir fry chicken, stirring occasionally until lightly browned and crisp.
- In a small jug or bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar, Mirin and sesame oil to combine. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the centre of the pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes).
- (If for some reason your sauce has not thickened, quickly whisk in the cornstarch/water mixture and continue stirring until syrupy.)
- Add in the steamed broccoli. Garnish with green onion (or shallot) slices and serve over steamed rice.
- Replace garlic for 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger. You can also use both if you wish.