Pan Fried Chinese Dumplings Recipe
Senin, Maret 25, 2019 Tambah Komentar
Homemade pan-fried Chinese dumplings filled with ground beef and sliced scallions. Also known as potstickers, they're fun to assemble, can be made ahead of time, and easy to cook.
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Servings 5 servings
- Calories 645 kcal
- For filling and wrapping:
- 1 pound ground beef 85% lean or less
- 8 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 round dumpling wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Remove the dumpling wraps from the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature to soften while you work on the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, ginger, sesame oil, and salt. Stir until it combines into a smooth and sticky mixture. Add scallions and stir them into the mixture.
- Prepare a surface for wrapping the dumplings and a small dish of water. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the beef mixture onto a wrapper. Dip your finger in the water and run it along the round edges of the wrapper to moisten. Fold in half and pinch along the edges to seal, using more water if needed. Repeat until the beef mixture is used up, using a damp paper towel to cover the assembled dumplings so they don't dry out.
- Heat canola oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Working in batches, add dumplings to the pan in a single layer. Let them cook until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of water over the dumplings and cover with a lid. Let them steam until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the lid. Transfer the dumplings to a serving plate.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a dip bowl. Serve with dumplings.