CHICKEN AND RICE (ONE POT DINNER RECIPE)
Senin, Maret 25, 2019 Tambah Komentar
This one pot chicken and rice dinner is the perfect weeknight dinner solution, easily incorporating any leftovers in one healthy and tasty dish.
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Servings 5 servings
- Calories 583 kcal
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces smoked ham diced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Heat butter in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, spreading the melting butter over the bottom of the pot. Add chicken and sauté until cooked on all sides, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ham and stir with the chicken.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until the onion turns translucent, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes (including liquid), rice, chicken broth, thyme, paprika, and cayenne. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste. Stir in green peas. Optionally, garnish with chopped parsley.