Lemon Lavender Cupcakes #Cupcakes #cake #dessert #lemon
Rabu, Januari 09, 2019 Tambah Komentar
The cake is so light and fluffy! I made these for a friend’s birthday and they were delicious! Everyone was raving about them.
These Lemon Lavender Cupcakes turned out great! The lemon cupcake is light and moist and the lavender frosting is soft and lovely. Together they make a great cupcake for trying something new or a fun get together. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
For the Lemon Cupcakes:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
For the Lavender Frosting:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract
- Violet icing color, optional
- Lavender flowers
- 6-7 Lemon slices, cut in half
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Visit Lemon Lavender Cupcakes @ thecakeblog.com for full instructions.